w e l c o m e
our lab, of late, is interested in:
- recognition invariance across viewing conditions such as pose, illumination, scale, configuration, motion
- explicating intermediate and high-level compositional features for vision
- acquisition of and plasticity within categorical organization of ventral-temporal cortex
- connectivity / interactions between visual processing and other systems
we use a variety of methods:
- behavioral psychophysics - including computer graphics-based stimuli
- functional MRI - including GLM, MVPA and real-time imaging
- diffusion-weighted imaging and High Density Fiber Tracking (HDFT)
- computational modeling - including models drawn from machine vision
n e w s
participate in research
nov 2013 - WIRED on our collaborator, Abhinav Gupta's, work on NEIL (which we are using in our research)
aug 2013 - congratulations to yang xu on successfully defending his phd!
aug 2013 - welcome to juliet shafto and tina liu (psychology)
aug 2013 - congratulations to heiða maría sigurðardóttir on successfully defending her phd!
july 2013 - congratulations to daniel leeds on successfully defending his phd!
may 2013 - congratulations to lindsay victoria on successfully defending her phd!
may 2013 - announcing the fribble prize! publish a peer-reviewed paper using any of our fribbles, let us know, and receive a real-live 3D printed fribble
april 2013 - welcome to our new, wiki-based website
april 2013 - watch colbert's take on the new BRAIN initiative
c o n t a c t
tarrlab AT gmail DOT com | 412.268.4000 | 4400 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15213